Saturday, July 12, 2008

Frogs

Well, Matthew has wanted a pet for a long, LONG time so the other day I saw these frogs at a boutique and thought, "Perfect!" So I brought them home and Matthew said, "I wanted a dog or a cat." Well, he gets frogs. We have enough food for 3 months and after that. . .well, we'll see how much we like them. One of YOU might be receiving a little donation in 3 months time. Right now they are still sitting on the kitchen counter grossing me out with their frog poop water. Luckily, Matthew HAS decided he likes them to some degree and always wants to feed them. He likes to look at them too and became very concerned when their water got so dirty with frog poopies that it kicked up clouds whenever they swam. So one day this week we HAD to change the water. Now, I had never done this before (never having been privileged enough to own frogs during MY childhood!) but I figured it couldn't be too hard. I let the new water sit out for 24 like the instructions said and then when we were ready to change out the old water Matthew and I stood by the sink and I put a little tupperware next to the frog cage to hold the frogs while we dumped the old water and poured in the new. What followed was about 5 minutes of me screaming "Ahh AHH!" as Matthew splashed poop water all over the place and frogs hopped frantically out of the tupperware, across the counter, down the sink, etc. When we were finally done Matthew said, "Mom, let's not ever do that again! That was TOO dangerous!" I agree. We put the rock in there so they'd have a little furniture. Matthew named them Chocolate and Jumpy (or Swimmy, depending on the day).

2 comments:

JnR said...

I hope I played a role in him only wanting a dog!!!hehe!!! that is so cute, I do love the frogs, thanks for sharing how fun it is to change frog water!

julie said...

So did you lose the frogs down the sink drain?