Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ultrasound!


Well, we found out yesterday what kind of a baby we are having - no, I do not mean the fat and sassy kind - we already knew we were having that! The results were a little surprising. We completely expected it to be a boy - I think because I had somehow convinced myself that it would be! But . . . it's a GIRL! And even though I had to quickly redo my image of how our family would look, we (with the exception of Matthew) are totally excited! Matthew was a little, how should I say it. . . devastated. I wish I could have filmed it when we told him! He really had his heart set on a boy. He was angry at me for a while because, as he said, "I told you I wanted a boy!" He doesn't understand that I couldn't help it! I think we might have him convinced to be happy about it now as we have talked a lot about how it will just be him and dad as the men of the house and they will need to protect us weak and helpless women. Nothing like a little ego stroke to get you to accept something you don't want to!

Now the only problem is we have absolutely no names up our sleeves! So if anyone has any ideas out there, PLEASE respond! For some reason we seem unable to think of hardly any!

12 comments:

Kim said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you! I can't think of any girl names off the bat, but will let you know if I do : )And yay for me for being the first comment : ) j/k

Jamie said...

yeah!!! Good luck getting Matthew to forgive you :)

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Congrats on another girl! Now you will mirror our family:) We had a really hard time picking names too, we also thought and assumed we would have a boy. Our names were all russian though, so I don't know if you are into that:)

Brittany said...

Congrats! I just found out today I'm having another boy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Another little girl as cute as Nicole...I can't wait. Just tell Matthew it's Woodson's fault. Oh by the way, can Matthew do the ancestor spotlight this Sunday? I'll call you.

Srudd said...

Okay, I didn't even know you were pregnant! But congratulations! How fun! Girls Rule! We have 3. And Jackson loves them all even if they aren't boys.

Jamie said...

ps - Have I ever told you that I really like your playlist. I will often open up your blog in a new window just so I can listen to your music while doing something else online. Seriously.

teamw said...

YEAH!!! We are so excited for you guys!! I'll have to think of names for you...with Cameron it was WAY harder for us to think of names... if it gets harder with each one, i am in trouble!

ok...some that I just tought of:
(these are mostly name I really like but Carl won't go if we ever have a girl so feel free to use them....sigh)
Brook(e)
Kimberly - Kim - Kimmy
Breanna

I'll think of more..good luck with the name game!

Parkinson Family said...

how exciting congratulations!

Katie Lane said...

YAY! congrats!!!

Shari said...

I didn't even know you were expecting! Congratulations!

julie said...

Julia is a really pretty name. You should use that. :)