Monday, February 23, 2009

Hidden Talents

Recently we went rock climbing with our friends, Addy and Cameron. It was tons of fun and I discovered ANOTHER talent of Woodson's! Not surprisingly, he was quite good - like a little monkey - at barreling up the walls. I don't know how this is possible as I was out of breath and sweating profusely within a few "rocks." I used to get slightly annoyed at his ability to do things like this with little or no practice but I have decided to just be glad that my children share in the benefits of his gene pool. I am hoping his genes will offset what I brought to the equation. Here he is way up at the top of a wall with Cameron belaying (sp?). Here I am, coming down. Yes, I did the blue colored rocks that pretty much look like a ladder but at least I made it to the top (on THAT one!)
Ha ha ha! Looking like we do this ALL the time!
Woodson "bouldering," or in other words, climbing up a rock wall without any ropes or anything.

A beautiful shot of me on my first attempt. I didn't actually get any higher than this and technically the ground is right below where the picture cuts off but I did manage to hold on there long enough for the photo op. Go me!






No comments: