Friday, January 23, 2009
Fun in the Sun
Ok for those of you not ready for a looooooong string of pictures, close this window now. Last week we took a quick jaunt to Hawaii with our friends Ben and Alyson. Since I am far too lazy to type out detailed descriptions of what we did, I am simply going to post a whole bunch of pictures and put small captions beneath them. Pictures say a thousand words, right? You'll get the idea.
Us at the 7 Sacred Pools. Nice action shot. Thanks Ben! It's not that big of a jump but for some reason I was terrified! Good thing I've got that hand just about to my nose already. Heaven forbid I enter the water without my nose plugged!
Woodson found this cool "water slide" at the pools. Notice you can see the top AND the bottom of the "slide" in this picture. He is having a LOT of fun!
Our favorite place to eat on Maui: Brudda Hutt's. That really is its name. It is at this guy's house at the end of the road to Hana where he barbeques in his front yard. It takes a couple hours to get there but if you're driving it anyway, the chicken is EXCELLENT. Plus, he's the bishop of the Hana ward. Cool, huh?
Woodson and Ben heading out for a snorkel.
Alyson and Jenny pretending to build sand castles. . . at sunset. . .in our regular clothes. We found this green rake and it looked good in a quickly pushed together mound of sand for the photo op.
Us on the beach at sunset. I think I must have been a little surprised. I would have liked to close my mouth.
Totally posed but I still like our walking on the at beach sunset" picture.
One of my favorite pictures: Ben and Alison "frolicking" on the beach.
I always wanted to be buried in sand. Looks good on me, I think.
Us at the blowhole. We barely made it there before it got dark. Hence, the reason the picture is so dark. We had to run down this hill to get our photo op. It was actually pretty cool. This picture doesn't show how big it sometimes spewed out but we figured we'd better take it rather than chance it getting dark before another big one came. Only casualty: Ben's clothes. He went to take a "closer look."
Woodson boogie boarding. He really does have a swimsuit on. I promise.
Look at this crab. That's all I have to say about this one.
A stroll on the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thanks for sharing the FUN pictures. Looks like you had a GREAT time! And my fav pic is the one of you 2 strolling along the beach (I like the posed one too, but the one where you aren't looking is sweet!)
DANG! I can't believe we didn't stop at the 7 sacred pools...we were so sick of that road and that was by far the best part!!! GGRRR...makes me want to go back right now!! Looks like you guys had a blast. Fun pics! Can't wait to hear what you're having! It's almost like a fortune cookie to us..."your next child will be.." because we've followed your footsteps this far :)
ok...so how do we get on the hawaii list?? :) so fun to get away from the cold...and the no snow in the back ground would indicate the lack of being at the lehi costco.
by the way...CONGRATS on the pregnancy... I'm excited for you guys!
Hawaii, again?! You guys have all the fun!!!!! You could have had WAY more fun in Mattawa, that's for sure!!! Okay, not really, but we would like to see you, cuz you're the best.
Yes, you're tagged...
I blog stalked you through Lindsey...
How fun! I love Maui!!! We did Hana and I didn't know I was pregnant with Sam, not so fun of a trip. Glad you guys had fun!
And congratulations on the baby!! woo hoo! how exciting!
I long for the day I have a "favorite" restaurant on Maui. How fun! And congrats on the baby-I didn't know that news! I'm glad things seem to be going so great for you all!
oooh - I could use a trip to Hawaii right about now - how fun! You have a cute blog and a cute family!
Post a Comment