Saturday, May 23, 2009
The First Lemonade Stand
On Monday I finally bought some lemonade to fulfill Matthew's life long wish of having a lemonade stand and making TONS OF MONEY! He was VERY excited and I have never seen him so motivated to get something done. Once he was set up he was quite the little entrepeneur too! I could hear him from inside the house hollering to everyone who happened to skateboard, jog, walk, or drive by: "You! Hey, You! Do you want to come over here and get some lemonade? Hey! You!) No shame whatsoever. Nicole, on the other hand, just sat at the stand angry that she couldn't drink the lemonade herself! She was in supposed to be in charge of collecting the money in the tupperware but she only lasted a few minutes.
I love his sign! He wanted to charge "5 bucks" but we told him that was a little steep for lemonade.
Looking out for customers.
Gotta check the other way too.
Some customers! Matthew did a great job pouring the lemonade all by himself and graciously letting people "keep the cup." I was glad that despite being so excited to earn money, he wasn't above giving some out to people who didn't have any money with them. It was great for him, too, when a man stopped by a few nights later to pay him for the lemonade that Matthew had given him and his kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I wish we'd known! Adam loves to get lemonade from little kid stands.
Love it! I hope we're lucky enough to stumble across his next lemonade stand!
That's awesome....brings back good memories :)
My favorite is the sign. My oldest has always wanted to do a lemonade stand, too, but we don't have the location! Hopefully it won't be something that he holds against us when he is grown! LOL!
Post a Comment