Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pampered

Was there ever a luckier mom? I must admit, I LOVE breakfast in bed. Growing up it always seemed like the ULTIMATE luxury. So maybe I unwittingly over-encouraged this tradition in my own family. For the past week and a half I have been treated to breakfast in bed almost every single morning! The first few times it was a total surprise - Matthew would wake up early, get all dressed by himself, sneak out to the kitchen and make me breakfast, which he would then present to me on a tray (which he climbs onto the counter and moves stuff off the fridge to get!). After a while, though, I started getting up earlier, but now he just tells me - oh so casually - "Mom, if you're still tired, go ahead and get back in bed!" Like I can resist that! Then 5 minutes later, SURPRISE! I finally started taking pictures of my gourmet meals so I can always remember them. Here are a few of the latest: Yes, there is usually a treat with the breakfast (which Nicole snitches off the plate while Matthew yells at her to "stop eating Mommy's food!") He also makes it VERY clear that I am not allowed to eat the candy till after I eat the healthy stuff!
Despite feeling sometimes slightly nauseated at what is presented on my plate, how do you say "no" to this cute little face who just LOVES doing something nice for me when he sits there watching me, saying, "Eat, mom, eat!"

Yes, that is grated cheese next to leftover corn bread and raisins. Bubble gum next to the chocolate milk.
How can I say "no" to THIS every morning? (actually, seriously, how do I stop this? I am running out of excuses to not finish my "breakfasts"!)



9 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! His awareness to variety is astounding. Such attention to this kind of detail calls for an award. Have you been teaching him about the food pyramid? I have no idea how you discourage this. Great photos though. Your kids are so cute.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. I don't get why you can't eat it though. I always eat bubble gum with my chocolate milk. Nothing like a big kick of sugar to start your day!

Jamie said...

Wow - YUMMMMMY! What a sweet thoughtful boy. and I can't believe how long Nicole's hair is; apparently we need to hang out :)

Russell and Trish said...

What a stud! Your kids are so stinkin' cute. We sure miss having Matthew in our Sunbeams.

Liz said...

That is so cute! He loves taking care of his Mommy!

julie said...

What a thoughtful boy! Kate could learn a lesson or two from him.

teamw said...

how sweet is Matthew?!?!? He should come train Preston, THAT is a good idea :)
as for not finishing your breakfasts...good luck! You could for now say that the baby needs different food to get strong, that's probably what I would do.

Megan said...

That is so precious. What a sweet guy! I'm sure he has a good daddy he is imitating...

The Davidsons said...

I love it! too cute! fun to see your beautiful kids.